BACK in July, the Celtic FC Foundation announced that fans have the opportunity to support our Football for Good Fund, by purchasing a poster print edition of renowned contemporary Scottish artist, Gerard Burns’ stunning ‘Glittering Prize’, which was created in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Lisbon Lions’ historic European Cup triumph.
We’re delighted to now offer supporters the chance to win one of two completely unique items – framed copies of the print, with each personally signed by one legendary Lisbon Lion, the first being Bertie Auld and the second John Clark. Both prints have also been signed by Gerard Burns.
To be in with a chance of winning one of these wonderful collectors’ items, simply visit our Twitter page HERE, follow us (@FoundationCFC) and retweet our competition post, before 5pm on Thursday, November 12. Upon entering the competition, you will agree to be bound by the competition Terms and Conditions.
The original painting, which graces the Celtic Park Boardroom, depicts the famous scene as the team walked out on to the park in Lisbon’s Estádio Nacional on May 25, 1967.
Supporters throughout the world now have the opportunity to cherish their own copy of Gerard’s incredible piece, with this 72cm x 48cm poster print edition. The prints are exclusively available to purchase via our official charity eBay account and there are two options:
– Glittering Prize Poster Print – available HERE
£19.67 (plus postage and packaging)
– Glittering Prize Poster Print , With Additional Donation – available HERE
£25.00 (plus postage and packaging)
In purchasing this option, you are very generously choosing to make an additional donation of £5.33 towards the Football for Good Fund, to provide approximately four meals for a vulnerable family, pensioner, refugee or someone who is homeless.
Net proceeds will be devoted to Celtic FC Foundation’s Football for Good Fund, which was launched in March and has now risen to over £900K to help provide food and essentials to those most in need.
Throughout the coming months, we aim to continue to ensure that food parcels, basic necessities, hot meals and other critical interventions are available to the growing number of people affected by the ruthlessness of COVID-19.
But we can’t do it alone.
To support the Football for Good Fund, you can also:
1. Donate by Text – text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
2. Donate Online HERE
3. Donate via PayPal HERE
4. Donate via our Facebook page HERE or set up your own Facebook fundraiser
5. Donate in cash – there are collection boxes in Celtic stores
6. Donate by Cheque – payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE
7. Sign up to regular giving through our Walfrid’s Wish initiative HERE
8. Bid on a host of truly unique collectors’ items in our FFGF Online Auction HERE
9. Purchase our 9-in-a-row badge HERE
10. Get involved in our unique #9IAR challenge HERE
11. Provide support through your online shopping via Give as you Live and Amazon Smile
12. Come up with your own fundraising idea and get in touch with us at [email protected]
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.